The brutal Arizona summer is coming to end. In our last post we shared a few AZ necessities to help get through the brutal summer. Today we share activities to join in on to enjoy one of the reasons we live in Arizona…..the weather that exists outside of the summer. While temperatures may still be considered hot to many non Arizona dwellers, those that live here welcome weather in the 90’s, for it means summer is waning and the sunny, perfect everyday weather is about to begin. As the summers season ends and the beautiful weather begins, so do the festivals and activities. Get out and explore culture, fine arts, food and fun.
We decided to share the five festivals that we feel should be explored and checked out.
- First Friday. Phoenix, AZ. Although first Friday’s continue on even during the summer time, they are far more enjoyable in cooler temperature’s. If you have not explored downtown Phoenix on a first Friday of the month, we highly suggest checking it out. On the first Friday of every month, head on out to and enjoy both the culture Phoenix has to offer, as well as the socializing and mingling. Learn more at https://artlinkphoenix.com/first-fridays/
- 44th Annual Oktoberfest. Oct 7-9, 2016. Tempe, AZ. Tempe hosts it’s 44th annual Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake.Brats, beer, entertainment and fun are served up at the large park. Gather your friends and check it out.
- 56th Annual Greek Festival. Oct. 7-9, 2016. Phoenix, AZ. The Greek Festival goes on the whole weekend in Phoenix. So choose a day and head out to eat delicious Greek cuisine, watch belly dancers and live entertainment. Explore authenticity at it’s finest. Learn more at www.phoenixgreekfestival.org.
- 12th Annual Local Fall Festival. Nov. 5, 2016. Phoenix, AZ. Experience local foods, entertainment and fun. Many local Arizona restaurants will be serving up delicious food and drink. Live music, raffles and fun for the kids, as the Fall season is celebrated along with local treasures.
- 48th Annual Festival of the Arts. Dec. 2-4, 2016. Tempe, AZ. Twice a year every year, downtown Tempe hosts the annual arts and crafts festival. Filled with exquisite vendors exhibiting their handmade goods, along with food, music, beer garden, face painting, and more, this festival is one not to miss. A great place to enjoy with friends and family and shop for the uniques, one of a kind gifts for the Christmas season.
We have brought to attention five of festivals and events that we love. Arizona is home to many, many more and all throughout the state. When the weather is perfect, the air is brisk, and the holidays are buzzing, let the festivities and festivals begin!